Maximise your potential with Executive Coaching
Executive Coaching – Fran McArthur Business Consultant and Coach
Fran has spent the greatest part of her career working on the boards of SMEs in sales and marketing roles, but working closely with other functions to create an holistic approach to making businesses perform better. After successfully turning around a failing manufacturing company, she made the leap from Managing Director to student in order to study for an international MBA. This step has proved invaluable in providing more structure and a broader perspective to her approach to business improvement and leadership.
Since 2010 Fran has been coaching business leaders and individuals, providing greater clarity of thought and teaching problem-solving techniques that can be used for the rest of their lives, helping them to achieve their true potential.
Fran has worked across a wide range of sectors, from consumer durables and luxury goods, to software, the third sector and oil and gas. She has a very straightforward, no-nonsense approach, applying common sense and getting things done.
Beyond the 9 to 5
Fran lives in Cheshire and when not working enjoys an active, but diverse life with everything from circuit training, canyoning and hiking to voluntary work and travel (and combinations thereof). She is a keen theatre and independent cinema-goer and enjoys dabbling in the garden.
How Fran can help you
Fran’s areas of expertise include executive coaching, strategic marketing, sales team management/development, new product development and launches, and executive recruitment. Her approach is pragmatic and straightforward and could help you if you are juggling multiple issues and struggling to actually effect change – most solutions are a question of common sense, but all too often we can’t see the wood for the chattering in the trees.
Executive coaching has proved to be one of the most effective forms of support for business leaders. Coaching is a helpful relationship between two people, based upon mutual trust and respect, honesty, openness and shared commitment, and can help you to get the greatest value from the other services provided by Smith & Brown.
What is Executive Coaching?
Coaching provides a safe, supportive and non-judgemental environment with a trusted and experienced partner on a one-to-one basis, where there is no need to be defensive, but where issues can be aired and lessons from past mistakes learnt, while finding a positive way forward.
What will it do for me?
Just like professional athletes, executives need to seek the advice of a coach to help them correct and improve their performance. Coaching will allow you to sense-check your ideas, help you to understand your strengths as well as your weak points, and to build commitment to improve performance.
Getting an outside perspective on your situation will greatly enhance your ability to; –
identify new solutions,
build more confidence,
maximise your potential,
develop your skills,
gain personal fulfilment and better balance in life,
improve your overall performance and
close the gap between where you are now, and where you want to be.
How long will it last?
Typically, a coaching relationship lasts from 6 – 9 months, with two 90-minute sessions in the first month, followed by monthly sessions thereafter. In some cases, more frequent meetings might be required; for example, when there is a high degree of change occurring.
By mutual consent, it is usually agreed that the need has been met and the executive is ready to move forward alone or with occasional coaching sessions. However, at any time, either party can instigate a no-fault-divorce, at which point the coaching relationship is dissolved amicably.
Coaching is not a passive exercise. First you need to make time to meet with your coach, and then to focus daily on delivering your agreed actions so that you achieve your goals and ultimate success. Effective coaching can support you to take your business to the next level.
If you think that coaching might be of interest, please use the form below to arrange a no-obligation coffee and chat to consider your needs and to establish whether a rapport exists between you and the coach – we are always happy to signpost to alternatives where appropriate.
- Just like professional athletes, executives need the advice of a coach to help improve their performance and understand their strengths and weaknesses
- Getting an outside perspective will greatly enhance your ability to identify new solutions, build confidence, and develop your skills
- It is a trusting, open and honest relationship that can bring greater clarity, perspective and balance to your business decisions and your life
- Fran McArthur has been coaching business leaders and individuals across a range of sectors since 2010, helping them to achieve their goals and realise their true potential
- She has spent most of her career working on the boards of SMEs in sales and marketing roles. After turning around a failing manufacturing company, she moved on to study for an international MBA
- Her areas of expertise include executive coaching, strategic marketing, sales team management/development, new product development and launches, and executive recruitment
- She has a very straightforward, no-nonsense approach, applying common sense and getting things done
- Typically, a coaching relationship lasts from six to nine months, with two 90-minute sessions in the first month, followed by monthly sessions thereafter, or more frequent meetings if required
- Coaching is not a passive exercise; you need to make time to meet with your coach and then to focus daily on delivering your agreed actions
- If you would like Fran’s help, get in touch to arrange a no-obligation coffee and chat
Apr 14, 2015